Your London 2012 heads-up on what’s happening where, sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- Pay Homage to Rio in Bernie Spain Gardens at the Mayor's Thames Festival from 1-9pm (free).
- Watch Latin American Theatre at Ovalhouse (tickets from £5).
- See amazing performances, art and installations at Unlimited at the Southbank Centre.
- Enjoy new films at Portobello Film Festival (free).
- Make the most of the last days of Watch This Space Festival outside the National Theatre (free).
- Go to PupAid festival and dog show on Primrose Hill (free).
Check out our weekend post for more ideas.
The Mayor's Thames Festival means that stations north and south of the river between Westminster and Tower Bridge will be busier than usual. The usual warnings about possible busy periods on the Central and Jubilee lines apply.
Events are taking place at the Olympic Park, ExCel and North Greenwich Arena. Check before you travel and consult the daily heat map.
- 9am Boccia - watch out for a medal from World number one Nigel Murray
- 9am 5-A-Side Football
- 10am Wheelchair Rugby
- 9.30am Swimming - Ellie Simmonds goes for gold in the 100m freestyle at 5.15pm as do the British men in the 4x100m medley relay at 8.45pm
- 10am Athletics - Oscar Pistorius bids to retain his 400m crown at 9.30pm
- 10am Table Tennis
- 10.30am Road Cycling - Double Beijing gold medallist David Stone defends his title in the T1-2 road race at 10.30am
- 11am Wheelchair Fencing
- 12pm Wheelchair Tennis
- 2pm Sitting Volleyball
These are start times only. See the London2012 site for full schedule.
Don't forget the suncream, it's set to be another scorcher with temperatures reaching 26 degrees in the late afternoon. Keep an eye on BBC Weather for the latest.
Where to watch
See our article for big screen locations and other viewing options.
Photo by helenoftheways via the Londonist Flickrpool.