The 9th Mill Hill Music Festival features and eclectic mix of acts at some of the most interesting venues in North West London. Forget Glasto (it’ll rain anyway) – here’s a taste of what you’ll find Barnet way:
- The opening do is a Sound of the Suburbs party featuring Rog T’s band The False Dots plus R&B, rock ‘n’ roll and one massive jam at Mill Hill Sports Club on 25 June (tickets £5 adv, £7 on the door).
- The RAF Museum, Hendon hosts an evening with jazz legend Jacqui Dankworth (pictured) and Charlie Wood on 1 July – the first time the Museum has been used as a festival venue (only a few tickets left).
- Mill Hill Sports Club gets a ‘later’ style jazz event on 29 June (£9 non members)
- The beautiful Wilberforce Church – St Pauls on the Ridgeway – presents the closing gig, an evening of chamber music from the BBC Symphony Orchestra Players on 2 July (and the £14 ticket includes a glass of most fitting fizz).
- There are also free events at local pubs, as part of the ‘later’ series
And while you’re there, check out the top 10 things to do in the Borough of Barnet.
Mill Hill Music Festival runs from 25 June – 2 July 2011. Full Details from the Festival website