- A 35-year-old man has been arrested in Surrey for the murder of Sally Anne Bowman who was stabbed and seriously sexually assaulted in September last year in Blenheim Crescent, south Croydon.
- Kings Cross Station has reopened this morning now that the gas cylinders in the nearby building have cooled down.
- More than half of British Muslims believe that Sir Ian Blair should resign.
- Thames Water has been warned that unless they act now, come 2012 London could face the water shortage to end all water shortages.
- As of July 3 junctions eight and ten of the M25 will be subjected to three months of lane closures and a 50mph speed limit while repair works are carried out.
- The Critical Mass cycling movement have won their battle with the Met, who wanted to make their monthly event unlawful. Good job too.
Image of sunbathers at the Parliament Hill Lido, Hampstead courtesy of Herschell Hersheyvia the Londonist flickr group.