Londoners like to have a little moan about tourists — sorry, but it's true. When you're fighting your way down Oxford Street for a pair of socks, or unable to get into your favourite restaurant because the swarms have arrived, you might feel like getting a little of your own back (without Dave Benson Phillips' help). Here are a few to get you started...
1. You can open and close Tower Bridge using a free app
2. 99% of Beefeaters are vegetarian
3. There is no such place as 'Woolwich'
4. Alan Sugar lives in the pyramid at the top of Canary Wharf
5. The Thames has the same alcoholic content as a session beer
6. It is illegal to say 'Nodnol', as this is backwards for 'London'
7. Eminem once played M&M's World
8. The BT Tower was accidentally built upside down
9. The speed limit along The Mall is 400mph
10. Three tourists are lost down the gap every day