We love ourselves a special edition tube roundel — especially when they're as vibrant as the 10 that've just appeared as part of Pride celebrations.
Five well-known faces and five TfL staff members designed the roundels, which TfL says "give a platform and voice for positive messages of hope, love, compassion and unity and to invite important conversations around issues affecting the LGBTQ+ community."
Among the designers are London Night Czar and BBC 6Music presenter Amy Lamé (who's incorporated the Oscar Wilde quote "Be Yourself; Everyone Else Is Taken" into her Caldedonian Road roundel); activist and campaigner Marc Thompson (who celebrates love between black men in his Brixton roundel); and one of Londonist's fave tube experts, Tim Dunn, whose 'OURS' creation uses the Pride colours and London skyscape.
You'll find the 10 roundels in five different tube stations:
- Amy Lamé: Caledonian Road
- Edwin (customer service assistant): Caledonian Road
- Marc Thompson: Brixton
- Joseph (planning manager): Brixton
- Philip Normal (creator of the 'La' t-shirt): Vauxhall
- Jack (assistant project manager): Vauxhall
- Dan Vo (curator): Hammersmith
- Sarah (analyst): Hammersmith
- Tim Dunn: Baker Street
- Paul (fire Engineer): Baker Street
All images © TfL