This is a sponsored article on behalf of City Lit.
Search 'London' on Instagram, and you'll be hit with thousands of people who think they've taken a cracking picture of the city. There's much more to photography than pressing a button though — why not learn from the pros with a photography course from City Lit.
If you fancy winning one of their awesome photography courses for free, head into the city and snap away — submit your London picture and the best one will win a City Lit course of your choice with a value of up to £350.
Whether you're a complete newbie or already know your way around aperture and shutter speed, there's a course to suit you. Taught by experts who really know their stuff, with options focusing on everything from street photography to editing, this is the perfect chance to get the lowdown on all the tips and tricks on capturing London through a lens.
Maybe you'd like to explore London after dark on the Photographing London at night course? Choose from the bright lights of the West End or the impressive landmark that is Tower Bridge, after capturing buildings such as the Gherkin and Cheesegrater while the City sleeps.
Photography doesn't stop once you've taken the picture — the editing process is an essential part of making the images incredible, but can be pretty complex. Get to grips with packages such as Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop and learn how to manage and manipulate your city shots with a City Lit editing course.
If filmmaking is more your thing, or Mindful Photography sounds like your cup of tea, you'll be spoilt for choice. Beyond photography, there are so many interesting options on offer, from writing workshops to art classes. Take a look at the huge choice of City Lit one-day tasters, short and long courses available and get ready to broaden your horizons.
Check out some of the stunning photographs from City Lit students (all the photos in this article are students') and be inspired to take some of your own— grab your camera, get a snapshot of London and enter the competition below to be in with a chance of winning a course at City Lit.
Competition ends 1 November at midnight. Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
By entering this competition, you agree that Londonist will share your details with City Lit.
Terms and Conditions:
- The winner will receive a free course starting in 2017 or 2018 with a maximum value of £350
- The course is non-transferable, non-refundable
- No cash alternative available
- Any additional expenses above the prize element must be covered by the winner
- The cost of travel is not included in the prize
- The winner will receive a discount code (provided by Londonist or City Lit) that the winner needs to use when booking the course online, in person or over the phone
- Normal policies including refunds and transfers still apply
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer, including concession or senior fees.