Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- There are plenty of London streets named after fictional characters, from Hercules to Robin Hood.
- One for bookworms: London's most unusual libraries.
- Love a bargain? Take yourself on one of these 6 great charity shop crawls.
- Meet the Londoners who are paid to clean people's houses — naked.
- Video: the story behind Waterloo Place's funny steps.
- We're thinking ahead — way ahead — for how to celebrate London's 2000th anniversary.
- We take a look at the people behind London's ghost stories.
Did you know...
- ...about these secret London restaurants?
- ...about the night-time grafitti antics of two Westminster School pupils?
- ...which church is London's oldest?
- ...that you can still see some Banksy artworks in London?
Food and drink
- Step away from that lacklustre latte and try coffees from all over the world, without leaving London.
- Southwark's getting a new foodie hub and on behalf of the rest of London, we're jealous.
- Why not partake in one of London's best happy hours on your next night out?
- 10 of the best rum bars in London — and if you like rum, you'll be pleased to know about this rum festival.
- Taking the kids out for the day? Read our guide to the best restaurants for children near museums and attractions.
- The best new restaurants in London.
- Details of the New Year's Eve firework display have been announced — find out how you can get tickets.
- A new museum opened in London this week — details here.
- Science Museum's new interactive playground, Wonderlab, is now open.
- New book showcases spectacular photos of little-known London locations.
Things to do
- Roll up, roll up, get your pantomime plans sorted.
- The London Shuffle Club is now open — we went and had a go.
- A rooftop curling rink is coming to London for Christmas, with tickets on sale now.
- We've put together a free self-guided walk of some of the best art in London right now.
- Things to do if you find yourself in Streatham.
- See Tennessee Williams's work transposed to the Essex coast in Confessional ★★★★☆
- Beyond Caravaggio at The National Gallery is a reminder of just how skilled this painter was ★★★★☆
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.