Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up is sponsored by The Ideal Home Show — scroll down to find out how to get your Londonist discount.
- Ever caught a direct train from Biscuit Town to Leper Hospital? We've put together the Lost London Tube Map.
- Go on a food tour of Soho with our podcast.
- Charlotte Bronte's London, and why she wasn't a fan.
- Nell Gwynn, however — very different story.
- Have you been watching The Tube: Going Underground on Channel 5?
- The best of Bethnal Green in photos.
- We went inside London's surreal House Of Dreams.
- We've been talking to Green mayoral candidate Sian Berry. And here's why we won't be talking to George Galloway.
- Catch up with what else has been going on in the mayoral election build-up.
- The British Transport Police are closing their dedicated sex offences unit.
- You've got until 18 April to register to vote in the mayoral election.
- Croydon Council has given permission to build a school on a site that breaks air pollution limits.
More great London news and events below this message from our sponsor.
Be inspired by the Ideal Home Show
Fancy browsing an enormous showcase of gorgeous home inspiration? Then head to The Ideal Home Show at Olympia London until Sunday 3 April.
Whether you're house-proud or green-fingered, a whizz at cooking or DIY, there's something here for everyone. Visit over 650 exhibitors, wander fully-built show homes and gardens, and get advice from all manner of experts, from top chefs to gadget gurus.
Make your ideal home a reality — book your Ideal Home Show tickets now, and take advantage of our Londonist reader offer: just quote LONDONIST16 for two tickets for £22. Or for night owls, head to the show after 5pm for £5 on Thursday 31 March — it's open til 9pm.
Terms and Conditions: £1.70 transaction fee applies. Children aged 15 and under go free when accompanied by a paying adult. Offer ends 3 April.
Best Of Londonist is sponsored by The Ideal Home Show.
Things to do
- Head out of zone 1 and explore these places in south east London, south west London, north east London and north west London.
- Huzzah! Udderbelly's coming back to South Bank — and so's the purple cow.
- Napkins at the ready — a week-long BBQ ribs festival is coming to Brixton.
- The world's biggest river festival is returning to London — find out how you can get involved.
- Your kids will feel like king of the castle at Hampton Court Palace's new garden.
- Join top authors for a celebration of London literature.
- A whole host of comedians are lined up to make you giggle in church.
- Where to hear classical music in London.
Did you know...
- ...that you can dine in the House of Lords? Here's how.
- ...these secrets of Harrods?
- ...about these old market barrows in Brixton Market?
- ...how much it costs to pee at London's train termini?
- EXHIBITION: Thought-provoking exhibitions asks: what good is the green belt? ★★★★☆
- EXHIBITION: Stepping into this exhibition is like seeing the Soane Museum as Charlotte Bronte would have seen it ★★★★☆
- FOOD: Damien Hirst's Pharmacy restaurant is back — but is it any good? ★★★☆☆
- ART: National Portrait Gallery is displaying portraits of Russian cultural greats on loan from the Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow ★★★☆☆
Browse and book more London events at our tickets site powered by YPlan.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.