- Some 22,000 homes in London are thought to be long-term vacant.
- A London Assembly Member suggests replacing council tax and business rates with a land value tax to encourage housebuilding.
- Major transport projects should explain how many houses they could help be built. Makes sense to us.
- Some 2012 Olympic Games staff say they're still waiting to be paid.
- Zac Goldsmith has paid £4.5m in tax on £10m income since 2010...
- ...but is the Tory mayoral candidate's support for Brexit a boost for Sadiq Khan?
- The current mayor is also in favour of voting to leave the EU (but not actually leaving). Though unkinder commentators suggest this is less about Britain, and more about Boris.
- Six skyscrapers could replace police HQ at Scotland Yard. Of the 268 planned flats, 10 are 'affordable'.
- Tate Britain will put on a major David Hockney retrospective next year.
- Benedict Cumberbatch, Imelda Staunton and Nicole Kidman won at the WhatsOnStage awards.
- Millwall FC vs developers.
- Deserter investigates the boozers of Surrey Quays.
- Man changes name to that of his favourite burger. Sure, why not.
London News Roundup: Boris Backs Brexit. Sort Of
Last Updated 22 February 2016