This is a reader offer from DriveNow.
Owning a car when you live in London can seem an extravagance, what with forking out for insurance, tax, parking fees and fuel. Yet when it comes to the big monthly supermarket shop, the last-minute meeting in town or a trip to meet friends in the suburbs, you've got to admit, a set of wheels would be really handy.
DriveNow is the new free-floating car sharing service tailored to city life. Active in north and east London, DriveNow is different from other car rental services. For one thing, once you've signed up, you can whisk yourself from A to B, without having to go back to A again.
You'll find one of the 270 cars available via the DriveNow app and can park it anywhere you like: forget about designated bays or drop-off points. And the quality of the car is guaranteed: it'll always be a BMW or Mini.
To celebrate their London launch, DriveNow are offering Londonist readers over 60% discount on their sign-up rate.
Go to the DriveNow website and use the code 'SCY-LDNST' to get 30 minutes of free driving and a reduced sign-up fee of £9.98 (instead of £29).
You can look for cars in your area, book them and even unlock them directly from your smartphone — the DriveNow app is available both for iOS, Android and Windows Phone — and from 32p per minute with no base fare, short trips around town are way cheaper than a taxi app. Plus if you're planning on going further afield there are hourly packages available from just £35 for three hours.
Offer Terms & Conditions:
- Get 30 minutes of free driving and a reduced sign-up fee of £9.98 using the promo code SCY-LDNST;
- Available to new users only;
- 30 minutes free driving credited once user account is activated;
- An account is activated when all driving documents have been uploaded by the user and approved by DriveNow’s insurance team;
- DriveNow reserves the right to cancel offer at any time;
- Offer expires on 30 July 2015.