Londonist Ltd is an independent media company and publisher of londonist.com.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-starting Business Development Exec to rapidly grow our in-house sales attracting more London businesses, cultural institutions and promoters to make the most of our advertising, sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
You will drive high value deals and develop long-term relationships. Your ability to generate leads, forge new relationships, negotiate and close deals will inspire and rub off on the rest of the business team, increasing our corporate ability to exceed targets.
There is a clear growth plan in place for the next five years and the Business Development Exec will play a vital role in its success. It's an exciting time to join our team and help shape the future of Londonist.
What are we looking for?
- A driven and self-motivated individual with a track record of hitting and exceeding targets
- 18+ months experience in media sales, specifically selling advertising on digital platforms
- A passion for and good knowledge of London
- A skilled negotiator and multi-tasker
- A natural aptitude for sales, who is data driven and performance focussed
- Exceptional communication and pitching skills
- Fantastic organisational skills
- Comfortable working in a small, friendly team
- Drive the growth of the business through sales
- Articulate Londonist’s products and ethos and successfully represent the company to potential new clients
- Generate leads, develop pitches, negotiate and close deals
- Work closely with the rest of the team to deliver campaigns and enhance our offer
- Develop sales skills in other business team members
- Work in a flexible, but target-driven role, exceeding goals to drive the business forward
- Willing to get involved with other business-related tasks and projects
Salary from £25k pa dependent on experience + performance bonus. 30 days annual leave. Flexible working hours negotiable.
First interviews will be held week commencing 9 February.