- Mayor disputes coroner's conclusions over cycle superhighway safety.
- Figures show drivers have a 1 in 10 chance of going to jail if they're involved in the death of a cyclist.
- Bit of Thameslink train hits Blackfriars roof. This is why you should always drop the pantograph.
- Flood warnings in place for London.
- TfL staff refuse to let 17 year old on tube with his scooter; ends up scooting 7 miles home.
- Huge and excellent article in the London Review of Books on the housing crisis.
- Londoners rush to point out they know the tube better than the makers of Sherlock.
A veteran waiting for the New Year's Day parade, by Julie Kertesz from the Londonist Flickr pool