- London Fire Brigade recalls striking firefighters for Dagenham blaze. No you didn't, says Fire Brigade Union.
- Metropolitan police say David Miranda was detained at Heathrow for "promoting a political or ideological cause".
- Two hurt after a car crash in the City this morning.
- The Independent looks at the supersewer debate.
- Queueing outside restaurants: it's just annoying now, right?
- A history of Southwark's £3m council house.
- This man saw the first and last races at Walthamstow dogs.
- Photos from the Regent Street Motor Show.
Happy Diwali! Photo by mumphalee from the Londonist Flickr pool