- Buckingham Palace will hold its first official football match. Game of Thrones, anyone?
- Average pay rates have dropped by £41 per week across the capital since 2007, says the TUC (though it's not clear where the figures come from).
- Cultural snobs, look away now: it's X-Factor the Musical.
- No, Mr Landlord, you may not house a tenant in an almost-glorified shed.
- Unite union drops Crossrail blacklisting claim.
- Great pics from last night's Space for Cycling protest ride. And here's the story.
- @KateWilliamsUK is "live-tweeting" the Great Fire.
- Remembering the Crocker's Folly pub.
- This chap claims to have fried an egg in the Walkie-Talkie hotspot.
Image by The Puzzler in the Londonist Flickr pool.