- Doctor, Doctor: Daleks have invaded the Museum of London ahead of their new Radio Times exhibition. Perhaps they know who the new Time Lord will be?
- Drowned "drunk": man dies attempting to swim across the Thames after missing his last ferry home
- Saatchi sale: gallery to sell off 50 major contemporary sculptures and installations as part of the Thinking Big sale at Christies in October
- Baby boy: Prince George's birth is recorded at Kensington Palace; 'rents job titles are given as "Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom"
- Stonewall on Stage: an actor at the St James Theatre responded to homophobic heckling by bringing a "Some people are gay. Get over it!" sign to his curtain call
- Wire worries: Stansted Express trains disrupted due to problems with the overhead wires. And the replacement buses are no longer running either
- Stroke study: more than 400 Londoners' lives have been saved by hyper-acute stroke units in London
- Walrus wanderings: the Horniman Museum wants holiday snaps of your cuddly walruses on Twitter, Instagram or Flickr, tagged #wanderingwalrus. (The famous Horniman walrus is currently on holiday in Margate.)
Photos by Matt Crossick/PA Wire