- Croydon MP Ottaway is to stand down; the question is - will Boris step up?
- Lewisham A & E faces closure as South London Healthcare trust remains under threat.
- Kensal Rise Library looks set to become a block of flats.
- Savile-Gate: now Gary Glitter is arrested.
- Robbie is to switch the Oxford Street lights on this year.
- Service commemorating El Alamein took place yesterday at Westminister Abbey.
- Madame Tussauds unveils a wax E.T. to celebrate the lovable alien's 30th birthday.
Vale of Health by Laura Nolte via the leaf-covered Londonist Flickr pool