- Ten things boosted by the Games.
- Early figures suggest a significant drop in crime during the Olympics.
- There was also a dip in property viewings during the games.
- The number of fires in London is also at a record low (Olympic flame notwithstanding).
- Under-achieving security firm G4S reckons it should get full payment for its Olympics contract.
- 6,900 penalties were issued for Games-time traffic infringements.
- Former Olympics minister and Dulwich and West Norwood MP Tessa Jowell steps down from the Shadow Cabinet.
- Typographic London streets.
- Squatters reopen Friern Barnet library.
Photo: A Deptford sunset, as we say goodbye to the Games. By beenbrun in the Londonist Flickr pool.