Here's what we've learned whilst you've been dusting off your brollies and carnival costumes:
- Greenwich Foot Tunnel closed briefly after reports of a 'funny smell' and several people feeling unwell.
- Big warehouse fire in Walthamstow overnight.
- The pressure of Summer 2012 has PCs 'kipping in cupboards' to catch up on sleep between shifts.
- Mo Farah gains a pair of daughters...
- ..whilst Chris Moyles loses a pair of cars to burglars.
- London Metropolitan Uni banned from taking foreign students. Hmm.
- Consortium Channel 6 is chasing the franchise for LondonTV.
- Reach for your spades: amateur archaeologists discover a mini-henge in Hounslow.
Summer 2012. Image by kenjonbro via the Londonist pool.