Top things to see and do
- The south side of the Serpentine will be open to the public to support the Olympic Women’s 10km Swimming Marathon from noon (free).
- It’s Games Night aboard the Golden Hinde (£3).
- Mile End Park hosts a floating market with a lot of books, hats and other vintage stuff (free).
- See Art In The Park - colourful artworks along the Waterworks River that reflect the spirit of the London 2012 Games (part of London 2012 Festival, £10).
- Visit the Official London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Poster Display at Tate Britain, and buy a poster if you like (free).
Any breaking news of disruptions will appear here.
Olympic events will take place at the Olympic Park, ExCeL, North Greenwich Arena, Greenwich Park, Hyde Park, Horse Guards Parade, Earls Court, Wembley Stadium and Wembley Arena.
See Transport for London's 'heat maps' for the busiest stations on any given day.
- 11.50am Sailing, Finals, Weymouth and Portland. Brief guide.
- 12.25pm Equestrien, Individual Dressage Final, Greenwich Park. Brief guide.
- 4.25pm Boxing, Women's Final, ExCel. Brief guide.
- 6.20pm Athletics, Finals, Olympic Stadium. Brief guide.
- 6.55m Beach Volleyball, Men's Gold and Bronze Finals, Horse Guards Parade. Brief guide.
- 7.35pm Football, Women's Gold Medal Final, Wembley. Brief guide.
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
The day will start dry with some mist or fog, but it'll clear up later on. Then it's getting very warm... Min. 16, max. 26 degrees.
Image by ThePhotoSchool from the Londonist FlickrPool.