During the London 2012 Games we'll bring you a daily heads-up on what's happening where, including sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- Cheer on the Olympic Men’s 50km Race Walk starting from The Mall at 9am (free).
The Forgotten Festival bids to save the cancelled Peninsula Festival with one special day of circus, live music and art — join the “steam-punk time traveling crew of all eras…to celebrate the end of time!” from 1pm (free).Thanks to Robin in the comments; this festival was cancelled yesterday.
- Shop at the first Preloved and Proud fair on Hilly Fields from 10am-3pm (free entry).
- Meet Pele on Carnaby Street between 1-2pm.
- There are still some tickets available for Storyville – A Hot Blooded Tribute to New Orleans (dress code “bordello chic”) at Factory 7, Hearn St EC2 from 7pm–4am (£25).
- Watch firework on the Thames from 9.45pm upriver of Gallions Barge Roads (free).
- Take a walk with old maps in Shoreditch from 11.30am (£8).
Any breaking news of disruptions will appear here.
See Transport for London's 'heat maps' for the busiest stations on any given day.
- 8.55am Taekwondo, Women's 67kg, Men's 80kg, ExCel. Brief guide.
- 9.25am Canoe Sprint, Kayak 200m Finals, Eton Dorney. Brief guide.
- 9.55am Diving, Men's 10m Platform Semi, Aquatics Centre. Brief guide.
- 2.50pm Football, Men's Gold Medal Final, St James's Park. Brief guide.
- 6.35pm Athletics, Finals, Olympic Stadium. Brief guide.
- 8.25pm Boxing, Men's Finals, ExCel. Brief guide.
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
It will be a little cloudy in the morning, but then it will clear up, and we will have a nice sunny day again. Min. 16, max. 26 degrees.
Image by Baynes Media from Londonist FlickrPool.