The Royal Mail has put together a map to help us find the post boxes they're painting gold in celebration of British gold medal winners.
Charlotte Dujardin's dressage gold yesterday made it six within the M25 (we would shout 'in your FACE, Yorkshire, with your five', but we can't see Nicola Adams's on the map yet. Damn). Here's where to find them, pose for photos with them (try not to 'vandalise' them, as someone spraying "Go Jess" on the one in Sheffield as been described):
- Andy Murray doesn't just get one in Dunblane, there's a gold post box at the junction of Church Road and Somerset Road in Wimbledon
- Also in Wimbledon is the post box marking Sophie Hosking's win in the Lightweight Double Sculls, on Worple Road
- Cyclist Joanna Rowsell's role in the Women's Team Pursuit merits a box where Carshalton Road meets Cambridge Road (there's also one on Ewell Road in Cheam, for some reason not on the map)
- Mo Farah's storming 10,000m run is commemorated with a post box outside Isleworth Post Office on London Road (fingers crossed for the 5,000m on Saturday)
- Pete Reed is one of the Men's Four rowers: find his post box on Heathfield Terrace in Chiswick
- Charlotte Dujardin's box can already be seen on Southbury Road in Enfield
There's also an 'example' post box by Westminster Abbey (pictured), which we like to think is for London itself for staging such a marvellous Games. With three days of competition left, will we get any more? (And add your cheesy posing-next-to photos to the Londonist Flickr pool.) Alternatively, take a look at the OS map of medal winners' home towns.