- Springsteen, McCartney, get switched off in Hyde Park after playing for too long.
- Heathrow immigration official expresses grave concerns over security vetting.
- New community venue, the Hackney Wick Fish Island Cultural Centre, opens next to the Olympic park.
- City Airport gets a whacking great sculpture, the Athena Tower, in its back garden.
- The post-Olympic East End will apparently be prostitute free: police plan to form a new vice squad.
Crowd, by McTumshie, via the Londonist Flickr pool.