- The Olympic Torch arrives in London on Friday night - check out our guide to its weekend journey around the host boroughs and beyond with tips on community events along the way.
- The BT River of Music sees multiple concerts at iconic sites along the Thames on Saturday and Sunday - check the website for latest ticket updates.
- The Whitecross Street Party is back with two days of street art, public art demonstrations, comedy, theatre, music and a park (free).
- Shoreditch Festival takes over Regents Canal with live music, dance, theatre, storytelling and more, Saturday and Sunday, noon to 10pm (free).
- Get through a stack of Edinburgh preview shows at CRINGE, a two day comedy festival at the Cavendish Arms, Stockwell (free).
- Bounce on Stonehenge in Central Park, Greenwich Peninsula (free).
- Visit the arted up BMWs in the Shoreditch NCP car park (free).
- Spitalfields International Food Festival begins, although we're not sure exactly what's going on, except for Spitalfields Farm Food Fair on Sunday, between midday and 5pm (free entry).
- Take your pick of the Proms.
- Watch London-based flamenco school Escuela de Baile put on a Flamenco spectacular at the Peacock Theatre on Saturday and Sunday nights (tickets from £14).
- There's a London brewery focused beer festival at the Pembury Tavern.
- Last chance to do the Alice in Wonderland bike tours (adults £8, kids £4).
- Air Guitar UK take over the Design Museum for an "open public design workshop to come up with concepts for the 2012 Air Guitar UK trophy (championship is Friday 27 July), all accompanied by some live air guitar for inspiration" between 11am-5pm (free).
- Hotel Medea opens at the Hayward Gallery - an overnight performance from midnight till dawn with breakfast included - read our review of a previous production (tickets £40).
- Edmonton Carnival Parade sets off from Millfield Arts Centre at 10.30am moving through Edmonton to Jubilee Park where Edmonton Cultural Festival hosts fun and family friendly activities from 10am-7pm (free).
- The first Photobooth Festival should be a day of fun and photography with unlimited access to 8 different booths on Ezra Street, E2 between 10am-6pm (adults £10, family £25).
- Watch out for an Air Guitar flashmob around 1pm in SE1.
- Ealing Blues Festival rocks Walpole Park from 2-10.30pm (adults £5, U12s free).
- The Ice Cream Van parks up at Hackney City Farm for a family fun day including the Scarecrow Championships (free).
- Watch RBKCParkour at the Portobello Pop Up Cinema between 2-4pm (free).
- Rich Mix host a community meal as a finale to the Snapshots Festival from 6-8pm (free if you bring a dish, £1 without).
- Walk the length of the River Fleet with Footprints of London, starting in Hampstead at 10am (£18 for the whole 9 miles, less for sections).
- Balham Craft Fair at Balham Bowls Club is open midday till 6pm (free entry).
- The Friends of Brockley and Ladywell Cemeteries celebrate their 5th anniversary with guided walks and an exhibition from 11am-4.30pm (free).
- Ealing Global presents an afternoon of eclectic world music from 2-10.30pm (adults £5, 12 and unders free).
Other good stuff:
- Our latest theatre reviews and art reviews
- Books and spoken word events
- Your week in geek
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Our pick of comedy gigs plus a guide to watching live comedy in London
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
What have we missed? Let us know in the comments.