Can you capture the London look?
Our fourth photography challenge, in partnership with the Horniman Museum and Gardens, is inspired by The Body Adorned: Dressing London exhibition.
London portraits taken by local young people and students form one excellent part of the show. They led us to wonder, is there a London look? And, if so, what is it? Can one image sum it up?
So here's the challenge: we want you to capture the London look around the capital. Who do you see? What are they wearing? How are others reacting to them? Whether posed or candid, your photos should sum up what you perceive as the spirit of the London look.
Ten photos will be selected by a panel of experts to go on display at the Horniman Museum for one month. Two photos will be selected for special commendation at a celebratory party.
How do I take part?
- Join the project Flickrpool.
- Participants may enter up to five photographs. Please note the group rules.
What's the deadline?
- Submissions close at midnight on Tuesday 31 July.
- Shortlisted photographs will be selected by Monday 6 August and photographers notified by Flickrmail.
- The images will go on display at the Horniman Museum for one month.
- All shortlisted photographers will be invited to attend a celebration event at the Horniman in September (date tbc).
Who are your experts?
We are drawing our panel of experts from the worlds of fashion and photography, and involving some London types as well as people intimately connected with the Body Adorned exhibition.
Where can I get inspiration?
Photos from the series of urban portraits taken by young Londoners for the Body Adorned exhibition.