During the London 2012 Games we'll bring you a daily heads-up on what's happening where, including sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- Look out for something a bit special in Trafalgar Square in the morning!
- Visit St Paul's Cathedral in the evening. You won't get to climb the dome, but you can save the usual entry fee (free).
- Check out the Designing 007 exhibition at the Barbican, showcasing the inside story of the design and style of the James Bond movies (£12).
- Discover the London Library — the world's largest independent library — on a guided tour from 6.30pm (free).
- Make some props, perform and have a go at puppetry at the National Theatre (part of London 2012 Festival, free).
- Admire the diversity of the city by watching The World In London photo exhibition, featuring portraits of 204 Londoners, each originating from one of the nations competing at the Games (part of London 2012 Festival, free).
It promises to be the busiest day of the Games at London Bridge and Transport for London asks that commuters avoid it. The station is exit only 6pm-10pm for trains from platforms 1-6. Southeastern passengers are advised to go to Charing Cross, Waterloo East or Cannon Street, First Capital Connect passengers should head to Blackfriars.
See Transport for London's 'heat maps' for the busiest stations on any given day.
- 9.25am Rowing, Men and Women's Heats, Eton Dorney. Brief guide.
- 12.20pm Equestrian, Eventing Cross-Country, Greenwich Park. Brief guide.
- 2.55pm Diving, Men's Synchro 10m Platform, Aquatics Centre. Brief guide.
- 4.25pm Gymnastics - Artistic, Men's Team Final, Artisctic Venue, North Greenwich Area. Brief guide.
- 6.50pm Hockey, Men's Preliminaries, Riverbank Arena. Brief guide.
- 7.25pm Swimming, Semi-finals and Finals, Aquatics Centre. Brief guide.
See BBC Sport for full details of all events.
Sunshine and lighter showers to be expected, and it will feel rather cooler than recently. Min. 12, max. 18 degrees.
Image by thomas100 from the Londonist FlickrPool.