- Top tips on taking children to the Olympics from the BBC.
- Even more useful, Diamond Geezer's guide to the Olympic Park.
- People, go shopping, go to the theatre, go to the pub - it's dead quiet out there and you'll help alleviate the Olympic ghost town effect.
- Team GB won silver in the team eventing competition in Greenwich Park.
Around the internet:
- Caroline's Miscellany has blogged about free arts festival Deptford X.
- The Gentle Author published never before seen photos of East End London by John Claridge.
- IanVisits has been inside the gutted Arcola Theatre.
- Pete Berthoud's been looking at some very rare London books and maps.
- Take a coin-flip walk round NW6 with Lauren of Park Life.
- Watch various bits of London blown up in the new Bond trailer.
- If you bought a Euromillion ticket in Brent on July 13 you could be worth £167,000.
Chair ride at London Pleasure Gardens by Paki Nuttah via the Londonist Flickrpool.