Here's what we've learned whilst you've been marvelling at Thames helicopter stunts:
- The government is to be asked about Olympic security provider G4S' involvement in human rights abuse cases in Palestine.
- Sapphire rape unit detective arrested for falsifying docs.
- Fire breaks out at Portobello Road's Electric Cinema.
- London's bus drivers opt to strike over extra Olympic workload.
- The Duke of Edinburgh goes home for his 91st birthday.
- London follows the Ancient Greek practice of setting up pre-Olympic CitySafe Zones.
'Copter image by IanVisits via the Londonist Flickr pool.