- Hosepipe bans will be lifted at midnight tonight. Who's up for a water fight in the witching hour?
- London is ranked the most expensive city in the world for an extravagant night out. See above for a cheap alternative.
- Insurers were too slow to pay up following last summer's riots.
- Occupy London set up camp on Hampstead Heath with some rather curious justifications.
- £600,000-worth of bling stolen in East Ham.
- The Games are £476 million under budget, so long as you cook the books to the same recipe as Jeremy Hunt.
Peculiar street photography by Dave Mason in the Londonist Flickr pool.