This Week In London’s History
- Monday – 16th April 1889: Hollywood great Charlie Chaplin is born in Walworth, South London.
- Tuesday – 17th April 1999: ‘London nailbomber’ David Copeland kicks-off his bombing campaign by planting a bomb outside a supermarket in Brixton, injuring 50 people.
- Wednesday – 18th April 1960: 60,000 protesters gather in Trafalgar Square as part of a ‘ban the bomb’ campaign.
- Thursday – 19th April 1935: Comedian Dudley Moore is born in Dagenham, East London.
- Friday – 20th April 1964: A huge fire at Battersea Power Station scuppers the launch of the BBC Two TV channel.
Random London Quote Of The Week
London - A place you go to get bronchitis.