This Week In London’s History
- Monday – 30th January 1969: The Beatles perform live for the last time ever, on the roof of the Apple Records building in Mayfair.
- Tuesday – 31st January 1609: Guy Fawkes and his fellow conspirators are hanged at Old Palace Yard in Westminster.
- Wednesday – 1st February 1444: The steeple of St. Paul’s is damaged when it is struck by lightning.
- Thursday – 2nd February 1874: Liverpool Street Station is opened.
- Friday – 3rd February 1794: 20 people are killed at the Haymarket Theatre and many more injured in a crush to see King George III.
Random London Quote Of The Week
Nothing is certain in London but expense.