- Seems anger at the police was behind the Summer riots. Hmm.
- Competition for City jobs has never been keener. Best polish your shoes and clean under your finger nails.
- A second woman has been arrested for a racist rant, this time aboard a train at London Bridge.
- LOCOG needs you...to volunteer to take part in the 2012 opening and closing ceremonies. They still don't have enough recruits.
- That new super-casino in Stratford Westfield seems to be rather popular.
- Finally we've another mayoral candidate for you to ponder: meet Wolfgang Moneypenny.
Irrelevant but totally awesome image by NoirChick73 via the Londonist Flickr pool.