This Week In London’s History
- Monday – 14th November 1973: Princess Anne marries Mark Phillips at Westminster Abbey...
- Tuesday – 15th November 1977: ... and almost exactly four years later, she gives birth to her first child, Peter Mark Andrew Phillips, at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington.
- Wednesday – 16th November 1961: Franklin Roy Bruno is born at Hammersmith Hospital. He would become a successful boxer, winning the WBC Heavyweight championship, as well as a pantomime ‘celebrity’.
- Thursday – 17th November 1880: Three women graduate from the University of London with Bachelor of Arts degrees, becoming the first British women to do so.
- Friday – 18th November 2003: George W Bush arrives in London as part of a four-day visit to the UK. His presence is met with mass protest.
Random London Quote Of The Week
John Gilpin was a citizen
Of credit and renown,
A train-band captain eke was he,
Of famous London town.
William Cowper, The Diverting History of John Gilpin