- The wonderful free Open House Weekend is on and it's HUGE.
- The free Brick Lane Music Festival happens across at six venues and two days with a truly eclectic line-up featuring live bands and Drum 'n' Bass, House, Dub and Techno DJs.
- We Love Hackney Weekend brings you Hackney Food Festival at the Homemade Market and Victoria Bark dog show on Saturday, as well as the rescheduled Hackney One Carnival on Sunday.
- Plus Hackney Wick Festival with music, theatre, design, food, sporty stuff and dancing on both days.
- There's a beer festival at The Sultan, South Wimbledon.
- Try Audio Obscura at St Pancras International.
- Degas and the Ballet opens at the Royal Academy on Saturday.
- London Fashion Week is here again.
- Portobello Film Festival closes on Sunday so don't miss free films on Acklam Road and the awards ceremony finale.
- Watch out for a film about housewives project on the National Theatre Flytower from 8.30pm.
- Fancy an evening of psychedelic cine-sonic shape-shifting at Bethnal Green Working Men's Club? Solar Flares Burn For You is a programme of rarely seen short psychedelic and pop-art films (1967-73) screening from 8pm. Tickets £7 adv.
- Celebrate XOYO's first birthday with some serious House.
- Shoot Shoreditch Unbound! Get some mates together, solve clues, take awesome photos and win prizes. Meet at CAMP, Old Street, 11.15am-6pm, tickets £15.
- London Design Festival starts today - check out our highlights.
- Watch the Great River Race somewhere along the Thames between Docklands and Richmond.
- Bazaar Brixton invites you to buy, sell or swap at Brixton Music Bar between noon and 6pm. Buyers £5, sellers £10.
- Stockwell Festival is in Larkhall Park SW4 between 1-6pm.
- Go to the free 40s inspired Barbican LATE from 6pm.
- It's Feeling Gloomy's 6th birthday. Slink along tonight and get a free pint of beer. Tickets £6 before midnight.
- If you need a bit of direction during Open House Weekend, try history walks with Rich Sylvester local guide and storyteller. At 10am its Greenwich Foot Tunnel to Canary Wharf. At midday, Canary Wharf to Trinity Buoy Wharf and 02/North Greenwich. Tickets £4 - info/book 07833 538143.
- There's a Comic Expo in Ealing, 11am-4pm, tickets £3.
- Japan Matsuri celebrates all things Japanese is a free family event in County Hall from 10am-8pm.
- Harringay Green Lanes Food Festival sees the road closed with two music stages and the all important food village from midday.
- The Tour of Britain rides its final stage through Central London from 11am, followed by a charity cycle at 2pm.
- Poplar Festival is 1950s themed on Bartlett Park from noon.
- It's Soho Pink Sunday with the first annual Drag Race setting off from Soho Square at 3pm.
- Rediscover writing with pen and paper at Homemade London.
Other good stuff:
- Lit and spoken word from the Book Grocer
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff in Week in Geek
- Shows and exhibitions opening and closing in Arts Ahead
- Things to do in London on the Cheap
- What's on at Museums and Galleries
- Where to find the zingiest cabaret
- What's funny in stand up and sketch comedy
- New music gigs in Music Choice