- Police news 1: meet Bernard Hogan-Howe, your new police commissioner.
- Police news 2: a fake music store set up as a sting nets a haul of 39 gun-totin' drug dealin' gangsters.
- Charity effort 1: David Walliams is approaching the end of his mammoth swim.
- Charity effort 2: Prince Harry's amongst those trying to raise money on the trading floor at Canary Wharf today.
- Football: Air Asia and Malaysia Airlines are to sponsor QPR. Something to do with David Beckham...
- Transport: Cable theft is causing mainline rail commuters some serious grief.
Going Underground. Image by Stephen*lliffe via the Londonist flickr pool.