If you don't fancy your chances in the BBC's Red Hot Chili Peppers ballot this week, maybe you could book one of these as a backup. Tickets to these gigs should be available from 9am or 10am on Friday:
- The annual Q Awards happen in October and there are a string of gigs at the HMV Forum in the run-up to the ceremony. Catch Leeds rockers Kaiser Chiefs, next big thing Ed Sheeran, Pixie Lott and Jamie Cullum between 18 - 22 October. Tickets from here.
- Their first album couldn't possibly have had more hype, and this year Scottish quartet Glasvegas have arrived back on the scene with a new album and a new drummer. Catch them at Koko on 24 October.
- A couple of weeks back we mentioned that chirpy New Yorkers The Drums were playing a trio of tiny gigs. Now the group have confirmed a full UK tour, including a date at Shepherd's Bush Empire on 9 December. Tickets available here.
- Mona are big indie-rockers from Tennessee who've often been compared with Kings of Leon. See if their swaggering, radio-friendly sound works for you at Shepherd's Bush Empire on 28 October. Tickets here.
- Fancy a touch of Scandinavian death metal? Perhaps Amaranthe will fit the bill. With three vocalists, reviews suggest you should expect some cheesy choruses and lots of screaming. They're at The Borderline on 12 December.