- Scotland Yard commences its annual pre-Carnival clearance operation.
- London Fire Brigade seek PR coup on the back of Kate Winslet's fire heroics.
- Jacqui 'Streetwise' Smith accused of using day release prisoners to paint her spare room.
- The Notting Hill travel book shop (yes, the one from that film) is facing closure.
- Plans for a new leisure centre in Barking have got the green light.
- Spurs are to drop their legal bid for the 2012 stadium.
- There be rumours of bullying at the Tates.
- There's a rum old collection of street names in the Olympic Village: can't help thinking that they could have done better.
Waiting for Winslet. Image (snapped in 1980) by Microwave Chef via the Londonist flickr pool.