- Bethnal Green and Bow MP urges 2012 chiefs to employ more locals.
- The Woolwich Ferry was suspended today so that crew could attend their colleague's funeral.
- The Peckham Wall of Love is to be saved for posterity.
- Ain't to be no gnawin' and scratchin' for Southwark fightin' dawgs: the council have greased up their trees.
- Man rescued after getting stuck in a charity clothing bin. That's more like the August news we all know and love.
- And to conclude: a rather sweet tale of love underground. See: commuting can be fun.
Last Updated 15 August 2011