The palatial big sister of the comparatively petite Chelsea, Hampton Court Palace Flower Show opens tomorrow, with the public welcome from 7-10 July. There are still some day tickets available - but what can you expect?
Over 160,000 visitors attend the show and the site at Hampton Court Palace covers 34 acres. There are nearly 600 exhibitors so there's bound to be something to inspire you to green your corner or enhance your roof garden, balcony growings, window box, back yard, front step or allotment.
N.B. Hampton Court Palace Flower Show is famous for its roses. Go get a whiff of the Rose of the Year 2012.
FACTS & FIGURES
- The Grow Your Own marquee is the size of four tennis courts
- The Floral Marquee stand could fit an FA football pitch inside it
- The RHS Edible Garden has space for parking up 240 black cabs
There will be:
9 conceptual gardens
12 show gardens
4 show features
6 poets gardens
9 inspiring spaces
11 small gardens
You can vote for your favourite garden to win the People's Choice award online until Saturday.
Caterers are geared up to refresh wilting visitors with:
- 48,501 cups of fair-trade tea and coffee
- 15,029 rounds of sandwiches and 1,500 baguettes
- 14,274 glasses of Pimm's
- 14,868 glasses of champagne
- 5,598 flower pot muffins
- 4,357 slices of cake
Limited all day tickets are still available, with good availability for the final day of the show on Sunday: standard price £29.