It's a pinch and a punch for the first day of the month - and a bunch of new gigs are going on sale too. You should be able to buy tickets to these from 9am or 10am on Friday morning:
- Irish singer-songwriter Lisa Hannigan was nominated for the Mercury Prize in 2009, and she impressed with her timeless-yet-contemporary sound when we saw her at the Union Chapel. She plays Bush Hall on 19 July. Tickets from here.
- They might not be the band of the moment, but Irish-American punk group Flogging Molly pretty much guarantee a lively evening wherever they play. Their blistering, frenetic songs create a chaotic atmosphere, so expect to get covered in beer at HMV Forum on 4 November. Tickets here.
- Cult indie figure Tom Vek plays all manner of instruments and manages to create music that's not quite like anyone else's. After a long absence he's just released his second album, and you can see him at Shepherd's Bush Empire on 16 November. Get tickets here.
- There's an Evening With James on at the Albert Hall on 4 November, and it'll see the reformed Mancunians take to the grand old venue with an entire orchestra and choir too. Whatever you do, don't Sit Down for too long. (Sorry about that.) Tickets from here.
- If you missed Mr Scruff and his mammoth set at Koko last month, fear not, because the tea-loving, cute-cartoon-drawing DJ is back there on 22 October. Tickets available here.
Also booking this week: Machine Head and Britney Spears, both at Wembley Arena (although unfortunately not on the same bill), General Fiasco at the O2 Islington Academy, and Danny and the Champions of the World at Bush Hall.