- Art news 1: the Cultural Olympiad to get a boat made from cast-off wood.
- Art news 2: Christies mounting show of 'hidden masterpieces' from the best bits of its Summer sales.
- Art news 3: Vorticist art show to be recreated at Tate Britain.
- Media news: anyone want to buy a television centre?
- Travel news: commuters should expect 'teething problems' after the Jubilee Line upgrade is completed.
- Crime news: Mitcham man run over, killed, by thief stealing his van.
Cafe. By Tom Hurley via the Londonist flickr pool.