The Weekend post is sponsored by Walk London
- Lots going on at Wandsworth Arts Festival
- Join the Global Celebration at Kew with aerialistes in the Palm House, world music and a Japanese tea ceremony
- Drop by the Short Circuit Electronic Music Festival at The Roundhouse
- Artists open their studios as part of Dulwich Festival again.
- Fancy a pint? Try one of FAP's top 10 pubs visited last month.
- Visit the pop-up community centre at Hauser & Wirth, Piccadilly
- Lumen Church, Tavistock Place starts a new season of jazz sessions. Doors 7.30, music 8.30pm, online tickets £6.50. £8 on the door.
- Ahead of the big event in Dusseldorf on Saturday night, warm up with Alternative Eurovision at the Southbank Udderbelly. Bourgeois and Maurice's entry was inspired by Blue. Tickets £17.50, starts 9pm.
- If you didn't get a team into our Lost London quiz at the Hunterian then you'll need to browse Museums at Night on Culture 24 to see what other great stuff is going on after hours.
- Hackney's Building Exploratory hosts a talk on 'Refurbish: the life and times of a tower block' between 10.30am-12.30 as part of adult learners' week. Free but please book: email@example.com
- The Brunswick Centre puts on its annual 'Village Fete' from 11am - softening its brutal concrete corners with straw bales, a beer tent, maypole dancers, traditional games and stalls and a farmers market.
- Follow the Morris Men around central London for Westminster Day of Dance.
- Take a theatrical trip along Adelaide Road inspired by Shakespeare's As You Like It and created through writing workshops with the RSC's poet in residence. Promenade shows at 2, 3.30 and 5pm meeting at Hampstead Theatre. Tickets are free but you must book.
- Watch 1930s classic Top Hat with Toe-tapping and Tea at Waltham Abbey Town Hall, Highbridge Street EN9. Learn to lindy hop and drink tea, vintage dress encouraged! £8.50/6.50, from 2.30-6.30pm.
- London Rollergirls are in action at Brompton Hall, Earls Court between 4-9pm. Adult tickets £15.72 online.
- The newly reopened Big Chill House at Kings Cross starts its season of summer terrace parties with a funk and soul themed afternoon and evening 3-10pm. The BBQ will be cooking.
- Swap clothes at the Swap Shop swish at the Tabernacle between 5.30-10pm. £8.50 entry.
- Go clubbing at the ICA and hear 'the hybridized future'. £5 in, from 9pm.
- Celebrate Vaisakhi - Sikh new year - in Trafalgar Square from noon till 6pm
- Bargain hunters, try the Tip Top Table Sale at The White Lion, 232 Streatham High Rd SW16 between 12-4.
- Enjoy darts, comedians, pints and a meat raffle at the Working Men's Club, Leicester Square Theatre between 3-6pm, £5 in.
- Frisk collective presents MANUAL: instruction books to handmade art, manual performance to hand-selected songs, hand dances to manual cinema: art fun for all at The Others, Stoke Newington, 6-9.30pm, cakes and bar on hand all evening.
Other good stuff:
- Lit and spoken word from the Book Grocer
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff in Week in Geek
- Shows and exhibitions opening and closing in Arts Ahead
- Things to do in London on the Cheap
- What's on at Museums and Galleries
- Where to find the zingiest cabaret
- What's funny in stand up and sketch comedy
- New music gigs in Music Choice
The Weekend Post is brought to you by Walk London, championing seven amazing walking routes around London. For ideas and inspiration on exploring the capital on foot, visit the Walk London website or visit them on Facebook.