Next week, Regent Street will become a gallery of ideas as 10 shop windows are fitted with architectural installations. The project, led by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Regent Street Association, runs 9-21 May and includes the following pairings of retail and architects:
Preview: Regent Street Window Project
1. HUT with Aquascutum
2. Glowacka Rennie Architects and Millimetre with Hoss Intropia
3. OSA (Office for Subversive Architecture) with Ted Baker London
4. Craft Pegg with the National Geographic Store
5. DSDHA/Diploma Unit 11 at London Metropolitan University with Banana Republic
6. Honey with Duchamp
7. Duggan Morris Architects with Ferrari
8. Marks Barfield Architects with Gant
9. Scott Brownrigg with Uniqlo
10.Ian McChesney with Levis
It's hard to get more than a flavour of the installations from these pics, but they should be more than mere eye-candy. We're told that you'll be able to interact with the displays using smart phones and tablets. Handy that the Apple Store's nearby, then.
The installation will also be accompanied by a guided tour of Regent Street, organised by RIBA, on 15 May.
Last Updated 07 May 2011