It's time to start seriously considering applying for tickets for the Paralympic Games as the competition schedule and tickets prices were announced today. Here are some headlines:
- Tickets start from £10 adult - ie half the lowest Olympic ticket price - and £5 under 16s.
- 50% of tickets priced at £10 or under
- 95% of tickets priced at £50 or under
- Tickets for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies start at £20.12, with the top end price at £500 for the Opening Ceremony
- Day passes will be available for sports taking place in the Olympic Park or at Excel, enabling spectators to see multiple events over the course of a day
- All tickets include a Travelcard for the day of the event
The Paralympics are going to be big next year. Channel 4 have the broadcast rights which means unprecedented TV coverage of the games. Their Paralympics website is already up and running and full of news and information including the low down on Paralympic sports and heads up on the Paralympic World Cup coming to Manchester on 23 May.
Paralympic tickets will go on sale between 9 and 30 September 2011. You'll need to register with the London 2012 ticketing site to apply. The Paralympics take place between 29 August - 9 September 2012.
Those who have applied for Olympic tickets will find out whether or not they have been successful by 24 June 2011. Those tickets unsold will go back on sale in Winter 2011.