The weekend post is brought to you by TNT Travel Show, taking place this Saturday.
- Yum. There's a cheese and wine festival at the Southbank Centre all weekend.
- La Dolce Vita brings all things Italian to Islington's Business Design Centre .
- Explore LGBT history at the British Museum.
- Pick Me Up: Contemporary Graphic Art Fair is at Somerset House until 27 March.
- Put some magic in your weekend with a visit to Wilton's Music Hall, E1 where Katherine Rhodes conjures up the Victorian and amazes with the "seemingly impossible". 7.30pm, tickets: adults £12, kids £5.
- The Hackney Podcast launches the Hackney Hear app with a party at Red Gallery with "Michael Rosen, Earl Zinger, Paper Dollhouse, Word the Cat and Shane Solanki performing. Plus beer from Truman Brewery and post code themed cupcakes!"
- Boy George does a DJ set at the Westbury, NW6. From 8pm, £6.
- Scottish Dance Theatre present new work at the Place tonight and Saturday, 8pm.
- It's the TNT Travel Show at Earls Court 2 - check out the bottom of this post for info on tickets and special offers.
- Find out about the Mummies of Egypt with an Egyptology Study Day at the University of London. 11am-5pm, please book.
- Kensal Flea's Spring Event at Paradise by Way of Kensal Green, W10 promises a day of bargain hunting and pies and partying. From midday till late.
- There's fresh comedy talent at Barbican tonight as Arthur Smith hosts the New Act of the Year finals from 8pm. Tickets £10-26.
- Bestival comes to Koko with Kitty, Daisy and Lewis in tow. Tickets £12.50, doors 9pm.
- Support the Barnado's Big 5km Run in Victoria Park from 11am.
- The Market Club at Rich Mix offers respite from the shopping streets with free entry midday till 10pm, live music and
- Getting hitched? The Wedding Sanctuary is an attempt at an alternative wedding fair at Somerset House to offer inspiration. Single tickets £10, 'double entry' £15. 11am-1pm and 2-4pm.
- End the weekend with a bang, literally, with the last night of the huge Classical Spectacular at the Royal Albert Hall with barnstormers Nessun Dorma, Rule Britannia, Land of Hope and Glory and the 1812 Overture plus canons and indoor fireworks. Tickets £13.50-£56.00
Other good stuff:
- Want gigs? Read Music Choice
- Like literature? Consult the Book Grocer
- Feeling cultured? Absorb Arts Ahead
- Skint? You need London on the Cheap
The weekend post is brought to you by the TNT Travel Show.
It’s vital you get your name on the door and avoid missing out on the year’s lowest travel prices, the hottest travel tips, and London’s biggest party for travel lovers.
We’ve got an amazing event lined up for you. Besides over a hundred exhibitors offering discounts of up to 75%, we’ve got an amazingly varied roster of expert travel speakers offering insight at our travel seminars, a Big Stage packed with music, comedy, a fancy dress fashion parade, and even a live dating game! The show bar and chill out areas give you a chance to relax and plan your day with friends over drinks and snacks. And, for those who really want to stay chill throughout the busiest day on the London traveler’s calendar, we’ve created two premium ticket bands.
Power up your Travel Show experience!
Value-packed Upgrade and VIP tickets are available until an hour before the doors open on Saturday. However, numbers are limited and this option is popular amongst travel show aficionados so you’ve gotta get in quick for a time saving queue jump and heaps more goodies and perks. Both premium tickets include TNT's all new Little Black Book, London’s biggest little discount directory packed with over £2000 worth of vouchers, deals & discounts!
The Travel Show is all about bargain hunting, so you shouldn’t be surprised that there are many ways you can land yourself a FREE Upgrade or VIP ticket – check out our show competitions (over £20,000 up for grabs, and counting) for more info.
Over a hundred exhibitors. Savings of up to 75%. Over £20,000 of prizes. One day only!