As well as competing for medals at the Olympic Park and other 2012 venues around London, the Olympic nations will be vying for attention on the hospitality front. High profile London venues are being snapped up by competing countries for party hosting and national shopfronting. Here's the latest on who'll be shacking up where:
- The Netherlands announced they'll be turning Ally Pally into a beer hall
- Casa Brazil will set up at Somerset House, hopefully bringing some samba to the Strand.
- Museum of London, Docklands will host Germany in its West India Quay warehouse building.
- France have secured a Thames view with Old Billingsgate Market
- The Russkiy Dom will allegedly transform the traffic island at Marble Arch, although negotiations continue with Westminster. We'll be watching this one with interest as the Russians traditionally throw the best Olympic parties.
Any good ideas for nations that haven't got their hospitality houses in order yet?
Image of Alexandra Palace by Duncan Harris via the Londonist Flickrpool