Our friends at Fancyapint have got all boozed up to thrash out their favourite ten London pubs from the past month. Once again, it's largely north-orientated, so let us know your favourite haunts south of the river.
- Ye Olde Mitre Tavern (Farringdon, London)
This hidden gem in Hatton Garden is one of our perennial favourites.
- Wenlock Arms (City Road, London)
One of the best real ale pubs in London and under threat.
- The Barnsbury (Islington, London)
A much improved experience on the Liverpool Road.
- The Camel (Bethnal Green, London)
Mmmmmm... pie - and a whole lot more for everyone.
- Prince Arthur (Euston, London)
Great atmosphere and great beer, excellent food - what more do you need?
- Harlequin (Angel, London)
Titchy but rather good pub we keep going back to.
- Carpenters Arms (Marble Arch, London)
Another fine real ale pub, but this one's in the West End.
- The Gunmakers (ex-William Wallace) (Marylebone, London)
A new favourite in Marylebone 'Village' - worth a look for the beer alone.
- The Swan (ex-Edwards Bar) (Hammersmith, London)
Fine pub that's nothing like most station experiences.
- The Pied Bull (Streatham, London)
Resurrection for a fantastic Young's pub as a sports oriented bar that hasn't suffered for refurbishment.
Image by Matthew Phypers in the Londonist Flickr pool.
Last Updated 08 October 2010