- Gothamist was mesmerized by the trailer for Empire, a movie about biking in NYC with a flagrant disregard for traffic laws, safety and basic common sense.
- Phillyist couldn't really talk about anything but their World Series-winning Phillies. The curse has been reversed!
- LAist got annoyed at the Sarah Palin effigy in West Hollywood. It was eventually taken down, but then a Barack Obama one was put up in Redondo Beach.
- Chicagoist spent the week preparing for Barack Obama's Election Night rally, a.k.a. Obamapalooza, and mourned the legendary Studs Terkel.
- Seattlest was horrified by not one but two suicides involving fire last week, and so the news that the Obama campaign workers like—really, really like—Seattle's Vivace espresso came as welcome, happier news.
- Shanghaiist learned that if China could vote in the U.S. elections, it would be a "strong Obama" constituency.
- Torontoist took a look at some brilliant dumbed-down covers for serious successful books, created by the readers of popular book blog Bookninja.
- DCist interviewed Henry Rollins.
- Bostonist watched in horror as our State Senator allegedly stuffed her bra full of bribe money.
- Londonist poked around Westfield, the capital's new shopping shrine, and the largest city centre mall in Europe.
- SFist spotted the best damn Mao Tse-tung costume on Halloween night.
Week Around the Ists
Last Updated 02 November 2008