Announcing the fifth Londonist guided walk.
When: Friday 9 May - walk leaves at 7pm.
What: Troglodyte pigs and syrup of figs. Herds of feral swine, a well hung Italian, giant dogs, huge rats and the ghost of the pig nosed princess. What’s not to like on this stroll around Blackfriars? Along with the folklore there’s literature, politics and the law, and remember that underneath your feet is the Fleet. Walk lasts ninety minutes
Who: Chris Roberts, your genial guide from our previous walks is back. Chris is a veteran tour guide, author of Cross-River Traffic, resurrector of the Penny Dreadful with his One Eye Grey, and all-round top bloke.
Where: Meet South side of Blackfriars Bridge, next to Doggett's Coat and Badge pub.
There are almost six reasons you should come:
1. It's free! And contains only the smallest of catches (Chris uses the opportunity to try and flog copies of One Eye Grey. Bless him).
2. You'll meet other London obsessives, including some of the Londonist team. We're always looking for new writers - so come chat to us if you're interested.
3. You’ll be guided by the master brain behind the Evening Standard Random Headline Generator.
4. There's beer. (Though that’s not free.)
5. You get an exclusive Londonist badge (exclusive in that we're not aware of anyone else making Londonist badges).
If you'd like to join us, please could you email londonist - at - gmail - dot – com with expected number of attendees. Previous walks have been really, really popular, so we're going to cap the number this time.