Ahhhh, Greenwich Indoor Market. How do we love thee... let us count the ways.
1. The Arts Collective. A whole little street of wonderful artists covering everything from the abstract to modern art to photography. Check out Anna Hillmans 'amazingness' stand.
2. Essential Music. Selling the best music at extra cheap prices. Don't be deterred by the closing down sign: it always says that to trick the tourists into going in. Hehehe!
3. The Coach and Horses. Much more sophisticated crowd than it's competitor the Admiral Hardy over the other side of the courtyard. Here you can sit outside and people watch and eat scrumptious food if you don't mind paying a touch over the odds for it.
4. White Space Gallery. Looks like a shop, but pop in and you'll realise there's a hidden gallery at the back. You can find some real hidden gems in there. Don't forget to look downstairs too! It's an artistic labyrinth!
5. Humbug. Remember the days when you'd go to the shop and get a 1/4 of rhubarb and custards? Well pop down and see Mr Humbug and you can do just that. They stock every retro sweet you could desire, and even have them in the same old-fashioned jars. You'll be reminiscing about cola cubes before you know it.
6. Autumn and May. OK, so it's a little bit posh compared to the rest of the place, but there's always really interesting jewellery to be found in here. Poke your head around the door and take a look.
7. The food market. No trip to Greenwich is complete without sampling the food market. You can sample everything from nougat to freshly ground coffee to sausages. The deli and bakery stands are really worth the trip. Hint: Pop and see them around 4.45 - they often have to get rid of excess stock, so you can usually get everything half price. The Tapas Man is certainly worth meeting!
Don't forget, that's not it! There are the usual craft, clothing and jewellery stores. There's also a juice bar to for the more healthy amongst you. What more do you need from a market? All this and you won't even get rained on.
Greenwich Indoor Market is open from Thursday to Sunday. 9 - 5. The food market is open on Saturday and Sunday. Nearest tube: Cutty Sark DLR.
Flickr image from Ian Wilson.