- A public inquiry into the planned desalination plant has been told that "Britain's image will suffer badly" if it's not built.
- It's official: London's buses are great, the House of Commons Public Accounts Committee says so.
- More Lennon stuff going up for auction: letters to his ex-wife Cynthia this time. Expected to fetch $27,000 at Christies.
- Young's brewers are to sell their famous Ram brewery in Wandsworth.
- Great picture of Heff' and his three girlfriends arriving at Harvey Nich's yesterday to sign his book.
Last Updated 24 May 2006